WhatsApp has over 300 million daily active users worldwide and its popularity has grown since the early days of the iMessaging.
On this post, I will show you how to utilise WhatsApp for your small business. From installing it on your phone to adding it to your website. Find out how this new tool can help you instantly communicate and manage your customers. As well as create a brand profile, use quick replies and add labelling features to quickly respond and manage your users.
What Is WhatsApp Business?
Available on Android and iOS, WhatsApp Business is FREE. It has similar functionalities to the personal WhatsApp but with a few additional features designed for small and medium businesses in mind.
What Can WhatsApp Business Do?
Besides all the features associated with the personal WhatsApp account, WhatsApp Business allows you to create a business profile, add your address, website, email address and more! Below are just some of the additional add-ons that your company will benefit from.
Features Of WhatsApp Business
- Create your brand profile. Add important information including your website, business information, website and email address.
- Set up quick replies and create frequently asked replies.
- Add products to your profile. Upload images and share a link to your product page.
- Create labels to organise your chats and contacts.
- Send multimedia messages such as photos, documents, voice messages or videos.
- Create groups for example:
- Internal communications
- VIP clients
- You can use WhatsApp on your desktop, ideal if you don’t like typing on your phone.
- Create automated replies such as greetings, and messages when you are unavailable.
- Integrate the chat feature to your website so you receive messages when someone is browsing on your site.
You can send WhatsApp messages not only to introduce new products but also inform your customers about the status of their orders. Taking feedback and responding to complaints also becomes much easier.
How To Get The App For Your Smart Phone
- To get the app head over to WhatsApp to download the app on your Android or iPhone.
- Once you have installed the app, you will be asked to confirm and verify your telephone number. This is done through by text message (if you are using a mobile or a call if you are using a landline).
- Enter your business name, and edit your profile accordingly.
⚠️ It’s not possible to use the same number that you use for your personal WhatsApp. You will require to have a separate phone number for the business version, or you can transfer your current number.
The great thing about WhatsApp Business is that you can also use a landline. I use this instead of having a separate SIM card. It’s convenient and I can access my personal and business account in one device.
WhatsApp Business For Desktop
If you like to respond to your messages using your computer, there is also a business version of WhatsApp for your desktop. The setup process is the same and it’s a great tool if you cannot use your phone all the time. I prefer responding to messages through the desktop app, as it’s easier to type on my computer instead of my phone.
WhatsApp Business For Your Website
Connect your WhatsApp seamlessly by also integrating it to your website. On this post I will show you 2 options:
Using The WhatsApp API
Using a personalised link to a text or a call to action button (CAB). This allows your visitors to click on the link which will open their WhatsApp app ready to send you a message. To create a personalised link, enter your phone number after this link:
For example, your number is 67891011. Your country code is +34.
Add your number as https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=3467891011
Using A WordPress Plugin
If you are using a self-hosted WordPress platform you can install a plugin. I recommend the following:
– VVAme chat
– WP Social Chat
– WhatsHelp Chat Button
Once installed, your website visitors will be able to start a conversation with you on WhatsApp by clicking on the chat widget that appears on the footer of your website.
Connect With Customers On A Familiar Messaging Platform
Using WhatsApp for your small business gives your company much more than just a telephone number. Once a potential customer reaches out to you, they will be able to find out more about your business through your profile.
Instant messaging is one of the most popular communication modes for most people and if you are looking to connect one-to-one then WhatsApp Business could be just the right channel for your business to engage with your customers the way they are already familiar with.